- Purushottam High School, the brain child of Janata Education Society , Kher Nagar, Bandra East , Mumbai was established to promote the cause of education in all its aspects.
- The main cause was to cater education to the slum dwellers in and around Bandra East, Mumbai.Today around 5000 odd students from different parts of the slums are taking their education (Pre-Primary , Primary & Secondary) in this school.
- Give technical base to its system of education with a view to enabling the students to secure a satisfactory start in life.
- Impart efficient education in conformity with the syllabus and regulations as laid down by the authorities of the state.
- Cultivate a national outlook and feeling of patriotic citizenship in the mind of students.
- Provide moral training and ensure good conduct and character of the students.
- Strive for the upliftment of the people of slum areas by giving monetary help to their children by way of giving free-ships , scholarships etc. without any caste, creed or language.
- Develop disciplinary conduct & habit of observing the rules and law and of self restraints among students and staff members